Monday, September 8, 2014

Tell the Wolves I'm Home: Pre-Reading Blog

 I've had my share of family problems, and I haven't always gotten along with everyone in my family but there is one person who is truly special to me and deserves the recognition. She is my Aunt Joanna. Thanks to me, my whole family knows her as Jojo. She has been my Best Friend through some of the worst times. Jojo is more than just an aunt to me; she is one of the only constant things that I have had in my life. She has always been there for me, and she always will be.
    Since I was born, my aunt has always been a part of my life. When my Mom, brother and myself had no where else to go, my aunt was there to come to the rescue. She took us in and took care of me while my mom was at work. Over the course of that time, I became very close to my aunt and felt comfortable sharing anything with her. Unfortunately, she was diagnosed with chronic fatigue and had to move away but during that time she still tried to stay in contact with me.
She moved back to get closer to my family and I. She takes me to school and picks me up. There are countless things she does out of love for not only me but my whole family. She listens to my problems from school and gives advice gladly. I can tell her anything and know it's our little secret. Jojo loves me in a unique way that no one else does and that's why I appreciate her so much even if I don't always show it.
   She gives me a chance to escape the reality of my life and allows me to just have fun. I've had friends and family who have stopped caring about me and loving me but I know Jojo never could. Jojo has seen the real me and still finds a way to love me. The worst times and the good times, Jojo has been with me through it all. I love her because she is not just an aunt but the best friend anyone could ever have.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post about your aunt! Be sure that she gets a chance to read this; I am sure it would be a lot to her. I found it interesting that you chose to write about your aunt, especially that she knew the good and bad of you and loved you anyway and found ways to make life fun when it was stressful. This is how June feels about Toby and Finn. Hopefully your connection with your aunt will make it easier for you to connect with June's character. Grade: 25/25

    ReplyDelete